Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday, August 19, 2007

*reads previous post again*

You know what? Even though I woke up bright and early as always, took the same bus like usual, I still got to school about half an hour late... Why? 'Cos I overslept on the bus and overshot till who-knows-where... A first in my 4 years of taking that bus... Anyway, I'm somewhat convinced that I would've reached school earlier if I had a better sense of direction... The road that my bus was plying is a one-way road, so I got off the bus and walked around looking for the road where it would go the opposite direction... And guess what? I got kinda lost and by the time I reached a bus stop in the correct direction, I had walked about 20 minutes... That's not all, apparently, that bus I took didn't go to that bus stop too... Thank goodness there were other buses to school... To be precise, there was only one other bus available there... Anyway, in total, it took me about an hour to reach school that day... But I guess it was kinda fun to walk around an alien neighbourhood and watch the place bustling with life and activities you usually won't see ('cos you're already in school, duh)... Haha... Oh yeah, and I need to thank the few people who gave me directions, even though I don't know who they are (this concerned auntie even asked whether I'd be late since the bus stop I wanted to get to was a long walk away), because if not for them, I'd probably walk into class during the last period or something like that... (^^)'''

And, the oral... Hmmm... I think I didn't do badly, but I didn't do especially well either, so the marks should be around those of my Prelim's... Which weren't fantastic...

And I was absent for the first time in school this year on Friday... Down with throat infection and flu... Which was surprising since I went to the doctor's on Thursday hoping just to get relief from flu, and the 'slight discomfort' at the back of my throat... Kinda alarmed, even, when the doc immediately issued an MC... Haha... So anyway, I spent my Friday sleeping at home... And then found out in the afternoon that a grand total of 9 people were absent from the class of 29 that day... Whoa, yeah...

Some random and not-so-random pictures:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My medicine, which made my life easier, but had me nearly choking every time when I attempt to swallow them... Grrrr...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A photo of lines of flags hanging from a HDB flat that I took while standing underneath them... Not sure why, but when I stood there, I suddenly felt that the sky is so bigandhighandemptyandbeautiful... Helps that a soothing breeze was blowing... Haha...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Real-time bus information panel at a certain bus stop on my way to piano lesson on Saturday... I was initially in awe of the new device (?), until I found out that my bus would only arrive more than 10 minutes later... That made me panic 'cos it meant that I'd definitely be late... AAnndddd, my bus arrived about 1 minute later... So the infomation is very inaccurate... But this project's just started, so technical 'gliches' like this would be expected... Hopefully, this very major problem will be solved soon... If not, it would just defeat the very purpose of having a real-time info panel there...

~7 days to prelims~