Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking back at 2008... (Part I)

Yep. 3rd installment X) I kinda read the other 2 again before starting on this one, and I'm quite surprised my life revolves around the same few things even though the specific events and people do change~ Ah well.

PAE: NYJC 08

Because my prelim results last year were not very fantastic, and I couldn't get into any of the JCs that I've been eyeing, I went to the one nearest to my house and where quite a number of the Cedarians I know also went to-- NYJC.

Since I was the only arts student in my OG, I hung out alot with the AEP people instead. They're cool, serious about their art, but still have fun nevertheless~ I really, really miss being together with that crazy bunch of people lahh. Skipping maths tutorial as an entire seminar group (meaning the teachers umm, had about 2 extra free periods that day, I think) to go slack in the library makes a very memorable last day there (: I'm very glad I got to know them, before a few of us eventually left NY for other JCs...

Ohoh~ And for the first time in my life, I had to dance mass dance with a guy partner~! Sorry lah, but for the past 4 years, I haven't really been mixing with guys, and suddenly I have to dance this complicated waltz with one (T.T) Fortunately, he's quite tall, and so I can't see his eyes when we try to dance~ If not ah... I think I'll just die from embarrassment~ I'm pretty convinced I have 2 left feet lah, not suitable for dancing at all~ But thank goodness he can, so all I need to do is follow. Ph-ew~ Till now, I still think NY's "trad dance" is the nicest dance so far ((:

NY was generally a nice, homely JC that I managed to make new friends and have fun at. Unforgettable place (: BUT, when I got back my O level results (which were thankfully better than my prelims one), I decided I should get a change of environment and go elsewhere...

JAE and beyond: ACJC

The first few months were difficult. Freakin' hard to adjust. Absolutely horrendous.

Thankfully, I had help and support from a lot of people:

Band peeps-- my section and my batch mates were the first ones I really developed a bond with in my then-alien college. Maybe 'cos band takes up so much of my time >.< I had the J2s Edwin, Sheree and Shaheera to rely on for advice and support, plus many of my batch mates who went through everything with me~

Because we had a change in conductor during my sec 2 year, everything was quite chaotic as the new conductors were very different from our old one, and so my poor batch had no concert at all despite going through 2 SYFs =\ And therefore, Muse was my 1st ever concert! Haha, fun lah.

And then we went to Switzerland/Austria! The trip was the highlight of the year for me, and I loved it~ The wonderful sights/scenery, the weather, the food, the people etc. Simply unforgettable~ <3

MEPers!! It sucks having a timetable that's different from everyone elses' in the class, but luckily for me, my fellow MEPers rock!! X) 'Nuff said~

1AA1 and PW-- I admit I'm not as close to my class as I should be =\ See if I can do anything to salvage the situation next year... And PW~ I hope that whatever damage it has done, we can put that aside and start all over again in the new year. Yep.

That's nearly all for school stuff~

I got a new Macbook recently and unfortunately, I'm still a bit baffled by how it works (T.T) Hopefully I can figure it out soon~ haha

I made lots of new friends, but I also lost old ones. I... tried to stay close, but many just drifted off. It's like, we're no longer on the same frequency anymore~ It's upsetting and frustrating, but the only comfort is that our friendship isn't totally over yet... That's enough hope for me to cling on to (:

And lastly, something that I won't touch in detail here... I always end up thanking alot of people in this post, but this year, I think I need to say an extra HUGH 'thank you' to the guy who's more-or-less always been there for me~ I really think I won't make it to the end in one neat piece if not for you...


Annddd, that's the end of my yearly report! (: Sorry for being so anti-climax haha~ Can't help it X)