Friday, April 17, 2009

I Wrote This For You

Tuesday, April 14, 2009
The Smell Of Sunshine

So you need to keep the window open,
so I can steal your keyboard,
so I can find your DNA
and recreate you for future generations.
(because I'm that afraid of losing you
and I want to spend eternity with you)

Wednesday, April 15, 2009
The Grim Alternatives

I love no one but you, I have discovered, but you are far away and I am here alone. Then this is my life and maybe, however unlikely, I’ll find my way back there. Or maybe, one day, I’ll settle for second best. And on that same day, hell will freeze over, the sun will burn out and the stars will fall from the sky.

Thursday, April 16, 2009
The Place I'm in

You cannot kill me here. Bring your soldiers, your death, your disease, your collapsed economy because it doesn’t matter, I have nothing left to lose and you cannot kill me here. Bring the tears of orphans and the wails of a mother’s loss, bring your God damn air force and Jesus on a cross, bring your hate and bitterness and long working hours, bring your empty wallets and love long since gone but you cannot kill me here. Bring your sneers, your snide remarks and friendships never felt, your letters never sent, your kisses never kissed, cigarettes smoked to the bone and cancer killing fears but you cannot kill me here. For I may fall and I may fail but I will stand again each time and you will find no satisfaction. Because you cannot kill me here.



The entries frequently left me inspired, or with intense feelings. Love that blog~
Modified slightly from entries at I Wrote This For You.