Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday, January 29, 2007

It's downright weird... Ok, maybe not so... More like nostalgic actually...

Picture this--

After Bio remedial, I was walking to the bus stop myself... Halfway through, when I was just outside the the gate of the primary school, lots primary school pupils suddenly spilled out from within the compound... Checked my watch- 3:30-and realised that that's the usual time remedial and CCAs end in primary school...

I walked on, amidst the chatter... Once out of the school gate, some boys immediately dashed for the school bus... Other pupils walked calmly towards it but talked very animatedly ... Others turned and headed for the bus stop... Over the din, I heard, to my utter amusement, the cute, often-used-in-primary-school phrase: "If you make me again you like Tabita!!" I turned and saw two boys pouting at each other...

Haha... That brought back a whole chunk of memories... Adorable, weren't we... Such a scary threat... "If you [name of action] me again, you like/love [name of classmate of the opposite gender]!"

Anyway I walked on... This time, coming from directly behind me: "You don't believe I can run faster than you?" And then without any warning, a whole drove of boys dashed at top speed past me... Quite similar to what memories I had of my primary school fun... Haha...

Then as I approached the traffic lights, a very, very familiar scene loomed in front of me: A girl was chasing a boy around the traffic light post, her water bottle held in one head, ready to strike... After about 2 more rounds, the boy went, "Ok, ok, sorry, won't do again" and walked off gleefully... And the girl? With a "I've won" triumphant look on her face, she spun round and crossed the road... 0OoOps... I saw this kind of scene happening about 4 times a day when I was still in my co-ed primary school... =]

Then I realised that all these stuff happened to me 3 to 5 years ago... So much time passed in the blink of an eye huh...