Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Felt a need to start from the last post--
Turned out that the 作文 wasn't exactly due the day after('cos there isn't any Chinese period), so I stayed up when I could've gotten the much needed sleep... Hmph... And the Chem test was postponed to today... 0_o

Anyway, I realised yesterday during combined band prac that different conductors bring out different, how-should-I-put-it, musical sides of the poeple they're conducting... Let me explain... We have 2 conductors, totally different in every aspect I can think of... When both conduct the same pieces, somehow, we, as the people playing the instruments, respond differently ( as in our playing, not verbal)... Take the SYF pieces, for example... With one conductor, the music we played was more warm, more expressive... With the other, some of these were lost... But we do shine playing more rigid pieces, like marches, under this conductor... Why though? Is it because we are more scared of one than the other? Or do we not take one of them as seriously as the other? Or is their conducting styles different, therefore affecting us? Or could it be their personalities?? I wonder...

Listening to a Farenheit album Wanyan lent... Not very impressed yet... Maybe I need to listen to it 1 more time... Oh, and even Hui Min was saying Gackt can really sing... Maybe I should check him out...