Saturday, November 24, 2007

Saturday, November 24, 2007

I'm back home after a holiday in Taiwan! Actually, I came back yesterday night but I had a major headache so I went to sleep early.. (^^)v

How's the trip, you ask? Well, the first thing my piano teacher said when I stepped in for piano lesson this afternoon was:

" You've put on weight!"

...

(--)'''

BUT you get it-- I ate like a pig there; breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, supper, plus lots of soft drinks. *sigh* Couldn't help it~
And I love shopping there! But I honestly wish that we spent more time in Taipei and Taichung where I can shop till I drop.. And less time on the bus! It's like this half the time:

Tour guide: Okay, everyone, we'll be arriving at (name of destination here) in.. about 2 hours! Meanwhile, I'll tell you more about .....

*Arrives at destination, say, museum, and tours for about 30 mins; boards bus again after that*

Tour guide: That was interesting, wasn't it? Okay, our next destination is (name of destination here), and we'll be taking the ______ Expressway this time. It's very long and was built in blahblahblah and we should arrive in hmm, 3 and a half hours!

I think I basically died on my seat every time I hear an announcement like that~

Oh yeah, I was terrified by the traffic there when I first arrived. Maybe it's partly because everything's the oppposite, but I couldn't make sense of the traffic-- the vehicles on the road, especially the motorbikes, don't seem to be looking at the traffic lights! But I got used to it after a few days, but I still found it stressful crossing roads (^^)''' And my sister said the traffic in China is worse. Oh man

Speaking of which, I'm pretty determined to improve my Chinese after a week in Taiwan. Everything there was in Chinese-- roadsigns, maps, food packaging, TV set and air-con remote controls, you name it. And I can't describe to you how horrible I felt having trouble switching on the air-con and TV... I resorted to pressing every single button that I could on one particular trying control (T-T)

So that's the end of my first real holiday!

Okay, I'm gonna stop now and start catching up on what I missed~ (^^)/